As someone who worked at Tagged, I can say that profit-sharing with game developers like Zynga have been instrumental to make our revenue numbers. If they make this much off us, I shudder to think how much they’re pulling in from open API networks like Facebook and MySpace.
(Not to mention way to many hours wasted on Mafia Wars and Poker. ;-))
In any case, another PHP job posting…
Zynga is looking for a commando team of strong PHP Developers to join their growing team! You’ll be responsible for owning the development and architecture of our up-and-coming games. Are you ready to put your ideas into our games that will be viewed instantly by millions?
We are committed to developing high quality casual and multi player games! Come join us … we’re having a ball!
Contact: Stephanie Lonn. slonn [at] here.
The best candidates will have solid experience developing web applications utilizing Web 2.0 technologies. You will be joining a team who’s committed to working on high quality code in a PHP/LAMP.
You must have experience with database-driven web technologies to work on high-volume, high-availability, large-scale lamp system.
This candidate will be instrumental for designing features and addressing critical issues on some of our biggest game titles, which have several million users across multiple social networks. You must be able to write coherent, organized code and be comfortable working on a complicated code-base with high levels of abstraction.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-6 years software development experience
- 1+ years in PHP web development
- Passion for software development and OO Design
- Familiarity a plus in one or more of the following: Linux, Apache, MySQL
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion or CVS
- Facebook and/or MySpace platform experience
Zynga was founded in July 2007 with the vision of connecting the world through games. Since then we’ve dedicated ourselves to making fun and social games for people to play with their friends and became the largest developer of social games on the web in the process. Zynga games provide a platform for players to express themselves and form deep social connections with their friends. With a catalogue that ranges from casino to role playing games, our games can be found on most social networks, and the iPhone. Zynga is looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture and are tenacious about achieving results. Our games are produced by our talented team of developers & designers with an audience of 25 million daily active users. The company has its own building in the Potrero Hill neighborhood of San Francisco that has a high-energy buzz and yummy amenities (we provide lunch and dinner every day!). In June 2009 Zynga was listed in BusinessWeek’s “Fifty Best Tech Startups.” We also won a People’s Choice Webby Award for one of our most popular games, Mafia Wars. Find more information at our website, or follow us on Twitter.
- This position is located in our corporate office in San Francisco
- Competitive salary, stock options & 401k
- We provide full benefits: dental, vision, healthcare, and even free gym membership
- Delicious lunch & dinner every day!