See our open offices with free food, beer, and t-shirts at Lunch 2.0 today!
Photos of my workstation are like photos of “What’s in my bag”—they seem to draw a voyeur-like fascination just short of a shot of a pretty girl.
Well since we recently tore down the cubes, I finally set up my workstation. You can come to Lunch 2.0 this Friday and see for yourself, but just in case you happen to be in Mexico drinking Corona’s that day:
[Inventory and open office after the jump]
Here is an inventory of my stuff. In case you are thinking of stocking up on your own desk:
- Apple MacBook Pro 15″ 2.33GB 2GB (buy newer)
- Humanscale Freedom chair w/headrest (I bought this in 2000, but they still sell it today <a href="in black, it’s part of my contrarian nature. I recommend the Steelcase Leap today because they’re cheaper.)
- Dell 24″ LCD monitor (company supplied. If you are a consumer, look for a good deal on this, I use an Apple Cinema Display 23″ at home though you have to buy a VESA mount to mount it.)
- Apple iPhone
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 camera (buy the newer LX-2 (silver), or I recommend highly the Fuji FinePix F50fd)
- Shure SE-530PTH earphones (buy link)
- Ergotron LX Dual Desk Mount in black (I have a silver one at home)
- TUMI FXT wallet
- Logitech MX Revolution(buy)
- Giro XEN bicycle helmet (buy newer)
- BBP Hybrid messenger bag/backpack Medium (buy)
- Apple Magsafe power supply for Macbook (I always forget to carry my power adapter, this makes life easier)
- Apple wireless keyboard (newer version)
- MAHA battery charger (I recommend the newer version which I have at home)
- Nerf Magstrike
- Nerf N-strike Maverick (it’s cheaper if you go to Target)
- Squishee cup from Seven Eleven
- Freebees: Red Swingline Stapler, LinkedIn Lunch 2.0 smurf, Krugle magnet monkey
12 thoughts on “The open office”
Hey Terry, what is your MacBook Pro on? Looks like some kind of dual monitor stand thing with an attachment for a laptop. Link me up to that. I have a macally stand for mine, but that one is really nice.
doh! Helps if I read the whole post before commenting eh?
@Brian Moon: ‘sokay. In case you missed it, it’s an Ergotron arm. Love that company because it’s reasonably priced. They can’t hold the 30″ though, there are special mounts for those.
Thanks for the lunch!
Great thing this lunch 2.0. We’ve to do that here in Sweden.
Sorry I missed it, but I enjoy seeing your desk.
@Mikael Berggren It’s an idea so I’d love to see it in more places. 🙂
@Robert I didn’t see anyone from CNET there. It made Baby Jesus cry.
What kind of desk are you using these days?
The one at home is an old Ikea desk. The Effektiv. The one above is a Galant. Really anything cheap will do 🙂
Cool, thanks. I just got a humanscale keyboard tray but I have an old fashion desk with drawers so I can't install it yet. I'm on the hunt for a good tabletop.
I have an old, old (circa 2000) Humanscale keyboad tray on my home desk :-). It's been with me through about 5 or 6 desks so far. I love it. 🙂