Hmm, it’s been a while since I posted some PHP jobs. (You know this is getting inconvenient. I think I need to just write a job tool for php.net.) Received this rec from a friend filling a position for FOX Interactive Media to work on the American Idol site. They can work in San Francisco, Los Angeles or even Seattle.
(Also, if you are the one flash/actionscript developer out there, contact Diana for positions at FOX sports, etc.)
Contact Diana Schwartz 310.590.4570 or dschwartz at this site.
[Senior Front End Web Developer job description after the jump]
Senior Front End Web Developer—FOX Interactive Media
Fox Branded Entertainment is responsible for developing high-profile web sites for select Fox television programs, including the official site for the top-rated series American Idol.
We are seeking an experienced front-end web developer for a full-time position. Responsibilities include managing and performing daily development in a LAMP environment; building standards-compliant, cross-browser/platform compatible web pages; defining and overseeing technical architecture; evaluating and recommending emerging technologies; and performing website updates on a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
Successful candidates should thrive ina process-driven team-based environment. THey must be capable of working collaboratively to determine technically superior solutions which meet business objectives. They should be highly organized and capable of managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with a proven ability to meet deadlines. They should be willing and able to provide leadership and guidance to other team members as needed.
- Daily development of front end web pages using XHTML, CSS and XML.
- Video player and game development using Flash and ActionScript
- Graphic preparation and slicing of layered comps provided by design team
- At least 4 years of web development experiences, preferably in media and entertainment.
- Understandign of version control concepts and tools.
- Solid understanding of web standards and IA/UI best practices.
- Extensive experience in at least one object-oriented server-side scripting language such as PHP, ASP, JSP or similar
- Experience developing in a LAMP environment with PHP and mySQL.
- Experience with Flash application development, ActionScript 2.0 a plus.
- Strong understanding of Content Management Systems.
- Proven ability to develop applications across multiple complex environments with varying configurations (DEV, STAGE, PROD)
- Resourcefulness in troubleshooting complex problems, finding available internal solutions, as well as developing new solutions based on external sources.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Familiarity with 3rd party ad serving and analytics integration a plus.
- Video encoding and player development a plus.