Kristen sent me this job posting:
Cisco has a small team that focuses on building a hosted social-networking/media platform (Cisco Eos) for media companies and the fans. They are looking for an experienced PHP developer to help lead the technology development of their advertising platform. This is a big opportunity with enormous reach and importance. The platform you help craft will be responsible for monetizing the future of content delivery — and more — for the biggest music artists, TV shows, movies and sports sites in the world. This a fun, start-up kind of mentality team with the backing of Cisco. This project is the direction that Cisco wants to move towards.
If you like to write software that scales, addresses atypical challenges, helps the world be more entertained, and is even revenue-producing, this is a dream job.
- Work in small agile teams
- Help define and build high-performance, high-scalability, high-availability web infrastructure
- Work with business, quality, product and technical teams to define and implement consumer-facing media technology
- Play leading role in technology development of our advertising platform
- 6+ years experience in web development; architecture experience a plus
- Previous hands-on experience in the online advertising field: serving, yield management, etc.
- 3+ with PHP/MySQL/Apache
- Solid understanding of scalable web architectures, queuing and partitioning.
- Knowledge of Memcache, SOA, PEAR, or JSON
- Agile development experience desirable (XP/Scrum)
- Knowledge of PHPUnit/JUnit and test-driven development desirable
- Knowledge of open standards
- BS in Computer Science or similar/relevant field
- If you have outside projects or just a passion for technology, we will like you.
- We like mistakes. Some history of making some, and learning from them, is ideal.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, contact Kristen Caldwell with Wild Cognition at Kristen [at] Wildcog [dot] com.