Why Enterprise Web Scalability is Science Fiction:
- You Use PHP to Troll WHOM?!. The wherefore of this article and an introduction.
- Even the Pros are Cons. Why PHP’s advantages in enterprise are a form of backhanded compliment.
- Sinking a fleet of FAIL. Reasons for why PHP should not be used in enterprise fail you.
- Time to set my phasers on “kill” <——THIS POST. Deconstructing the use of the word of “enterprise” as an adjective modifying “web development.”
- Defensing the indefensible. Don’t bother defending your B.S. it only makes you look more stupid.
I received this e-mail from someone at Zend:
After the latest tempest in a teacup with CIO Magazine, I am left with the question I always have and I want to ask it of each of you.
We see PHP being used in everything from inTicketing to FaceBook to Wikipedia. These are all “large scale” application but obviously the business community at large defines “enterprise” different from “large scale.” So I’m writing a bunch of you asking the same question. Every person receiving this email is in some way connected to PHP but many of you are not developers. I really want a broad spectrum of answers.
“What exactly is ‘enterprise’ and what does PHP need to be ‘enterprise-ready?’”
Enterprise Web Application Development
[Why Enterprise Scalability is Science Fiction after the jump.] Continue reading