Are you an API coding ninja? Are you enamored with e-commerce and social networks? Have you contributed to or want to contribute to open source projects? And most of all, can you bring it? If so, we want to talk to you!
Payvment, Inc, a growing San Francisco venture-backed startup, is seeking Software Engineers that want to take traditional PHP to the next level by writing best-of-breed, test-driven, object-oriented code. An ideal candidate will challenge the status quo and manage risk proactively as necessary. This position is not remote and will require a high degree of team work and initiative.
- Open source – We have immediate plans to contribute to the open source community on a variety of fronts
- Best tools – We want to use the best processes and tools available: TDD, Agile, MVC frameworks, Memcached, Git, continuous integration, really-really-big monitors, etc.
- Talented team – We are not afraid to embrace new technologies in order to solve challenging problems
- Develop highly available e-commerce solutions using PHP and various social networking APIs
- Author RESTful APIs used by developers across the world
- Write centralized PHP libraries using TDD best-practices
- Operate using Agile methodologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- 4+ years of work experience using PHP
- 2+ years using a PHP-based MVC framework
- Expert in OOP design patterns
- Expert on developing in the LAMP stack
- Comfortable working in the command line
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Optional Experience (bonus points)
- Facebook application development experience
- Experience using RightScale
- Advanced and thorough knowledge of Git
- Contribution to an open-source project (send us a link!)
- Familiar with payment solutions in e-commerce — particularly with Paypal’s APIs
- Previous experience in a PCI compliant business
- Knowledge of messaging queues
Why you will want to work here:
At Payvment, you will work in small and efficient teams to solve problems that impact potentially millions of people. Payvment has been featured in major publications such as TechCrunch, BusinessWeek, Advertising Age, CNET, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and the list just goes on.
We work hard but we also play hard and the benefits aren’t bad either:
- Competitive salary
- Stock option plan
- Health benefits
- Paid dental & vision
- Paid life and AD&D insurance
- Paid membership to the San Francisco Tennis Club and Fitness Center
- Generous PTO
- PLUS, you get in on the ground floor of 2010’s hottest startups!
No Recruiters. Locals authorized to work in US only. Thanks!!
Contact: ninjas [at] payvment dot com.
3 thoughts on “Payvment looking for API ninjas”