With Christmas here, Ryan has been writing a series on purchasing a digital camera. I thought I’d link them for a number of you who have expressed interest:
- About $100 or less.
- Mid-range ($150-$350)
- dSLR alternatives: Why not to buy a dSLR and high-end non-dSLR digitals.
- Entry-level dSLRs and Entry-level dSLR models
- To Infinity and Beyond: professional setups
Here is my “series”:
- What camera should I buy?: on purchasing a pocket camera
- I’ll buy what he’s buying: caveat emptor on dSLR purchases
- That eternal question: SLR vs. bridge?: Deciding between a large digital camera and an entry dSLR.
- Considering an entry level camera: Purchasing your first dSLR.
- Is my camera “professional”?: What makes your camera professional?
You can see my guide is haphazard and a bit elitist. It’s also really dated—though I’m proud of how much of it has stood the test of time.
Still, it might be fun to compare and contrast our approaches/philosophies.